10:00-11:15 am 9:00-9:50 am
At Grace Point we believe much of what Christians throughout the centuries have believed. We consider ourselves more conservative on matters of theology. We believe the Bible is God's revelation of Himself to us and helps us understand the work of Jesus Christ, our Savior.
For a more complete point by point review of what we believe, simply read our Doctrinal statement below:
1. We believe the Bible to be the inspired, inerrant, infallible, authoritative, written Word of God.
2. We believe there is one God, Sovereign, Omnipotent, Omniscient, and eternally existent in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
3. We believe that Jesus Christ was God in human flesh, at once fully divine and fully human. We believe in His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His vicarious and atoning death on the cross, His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of the Father, His present ministry of intercession, and His personal return in power and glory.
4. We believe that human beings were created in the image of God but rebelled against God and are therefore fallen, lost, estranged from their creator, and in need of salvation.
5. We believe that only those who, by grace through faith, receive Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord are converted, born again of the Holy Spirit, and thus become children of God.
6. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit who convicts persons of sin, brings them to repentance, enables the Christian to pursue a life characterized by personal holiness and faithful discipleship in obedience to Jesus Christ, and gives "spiritual gifts" to the church which enrich worship, provide for spiritual oversight, and enhance effectiveness in witness.
7. We believe that the church, the "body of Christ," is composed of all those of every nation who through saving faith have entered into a vital relationship with Jesus Christ. We further believe that the church is at the very center of God's cosmic purpose, and that He has committed to the church and every member of it the task of making Christ known throughout the world.
8. We believe that local congregations of baptized believers exist to equip the body of Christ through such means as worship, teaching, fellowship and prayer to spread the Gospel of Christ; to extend the influence of the Kingdom of God in the world; and to turn themselves outward to their local communities in evangelistic witness and compassionate service. We further believe that the quality of "body life" among believers in caring congregations is essential for effective evangelism and outreach.
9. We believe that the reality of sin in the human heart results in suffering, injustice, strife, and moral decay in society.
10. We believe that, in Jesus Christ, the way of love and reconciliation is revealed as God's way for His people and that the people of God are called to value the sanctity of human life, alleviate suffering, reject retaliation and personal vengeance, work for peace in all relationships, and to live as responsible stewards of all of God's creation.
11. We believe that God instituted marriage and the family at the beginning of human history. Right sexual union takes place only within the marriage relationship, which is a covenant between one man and one woman for life, and the family formed from such a union is the God-ordained context for the birth and nurture of children.
12. We believe in the resurrection of all people, those who are saved unto the resurrection of everlasting blessedness with the Lord, and those who are lost to eternal separation from God.
13. We believe that, in the fullness of time, God will bring all things in heaven and on earth together under one head, the Lord Jesus Christ.
Grace Point Church is affiliated with the Alliance of Mennonite Evangelical Congregations (AMEC)