Dear Grace Point Family,
You are never alone. These days will assault that truth like maybe no other time in your lifetime but it is a truth that I want to encourage you to stand on. You have the promise of God that He will never leave nor forsake you (Hebrews 13:5) even in the midst of COVID-19. And you will have the support of Grace Point Church during this time in the very best way we can offer it. There is real pain right now - businesses are feeling it, some of you are laid off, your children are off school, college students’ semesters are disrupted… even weddings and funerals are changing. But I want to encourage you to remember that you are never alone - God sees and cares and we do too.
Over the coming weeks we’re going to do the best we can to reach out to you, provide helpful content to you and stay connected. You need good information and good support and we’re working to provide both to you. In the spirit of that here are some things we wanted to update you on:
1. Following CDC recommendations that no groups of 50 or more gather for 8 weeks and the recommendation to practice social distancing to “flatten the curve", we are suspending all in-person gatherings of the church for the time being. We will be in constant evaluation of this over the coming weeks. This means all in-person Grace Point events are suspended.
2. We will be offering an online version of our services each Sunday at 10:15 via our GPC Facebook page and will be posting a direct link to the video on our website following the service to those who aren't on Facebook.
3. We have created a page on our website for the latest information about COVID-19 and GPC. Links to resources and current information will be kept on this web page.
4. We talked this morning with area Pastors, PVSD, The United Way, Penn Medicine/LGH, LancoMyHome, Community Action Partnership and the Factory Ministries to learn how best we can serve our community at this time. As you can imagine, it’s a challenge to serve our neighbor well in the midst of social distancing! The best option at this point seems to be a food drive initiative called “Food Friday” that the Factory will be publicizing. We will pass more information along to you on how to help in this way as soon as it becomes available.
5. We would love to hear from you! If there is anything we can pray for you about please let us know through our connection card - we’d love to pray for you.
Thank you so much for your patience and flexibility as we all try to make sense of this new reality we find ourselves in. Remember, you are not alone. Ever.
In His love,
ps - thank you so much for your continued generosity to the ongoing ministry of GPC! It means so much to us! Click here to give online or mail a check to: Grace Point Church P.O. Box 148 Paradise, Pa 17562
pps - here’s a short video I shot yesterday - hope it’s an encouragement to you!